Delivering a new comms strategy with a strong digital element for Lloyds Banking Group Finance Community
Lloyds Banking Group’s 30 strong Finance Community Team delivers an award-winning programme of learning, development and engagement activity for more than 3000 Finance colleagues across the Group.
The ‘Building the Best Finance Team’ programme included core learning initiatives such as Service Excellence, Line Manager Development and Development for All, plus campaigns around topics such as Inclusion and Diversity, and Work Life Balance.
Head of Finance Community Elizabeth Raffle called us in late summer ’16 looking for support to:
- Provide interim leadership of Finance Community communications during a period of major change and transition to a permanent team
- Revamp and upgrade the Finance Community’s digital presence, developing and delivering a new intranet hub featuring upgraded content on all the initiatives and an online resource centre to house self-service learning. This needed to be delivered in collaboration with Lloyds Intranet, Creative Services and IT infrastructure teams, also working closely with Finance Community team colleagues developing the learning modules
- Provide additional communications delivery resource.
This was a great example of the Internal Comms Team providing multi-layered strategic and delivery support.
Our MD Jos Harrison became the (part-time) interim leader of the Comms team, developing and implementing a new strategy aimed at connecting all Finance colleagues to the programme and its initiatives, increasing awareness, engagement and participation.
Sarah Hilyer from our core team led the project to revamp and upgrade the programme’s digital presence.
Sue Barratt from our Associate team came on board to manage day to day communications, putting plans and processes in place to ensure effective delivery.
By spring 2017 communications had been transformed
- A new communications strategy in place and being delivered, along with specific comms plans for all the initiatives
- A relaunched digital presence including:
- a new bi-monthly ezine featuring the people stories from the various initiatives, full of employee voice on the programme
- a new Intranet Hub linking to new home pages for each of the initiatives with upgraded content, and links to HIVE (Lloyds Enterprise Social Network) groups
- A new identity for the programme, developed with one of Lloyds external agencies and the Group Brand team.
- the new ‘Building Your Skills’ online resource centre up and running.
Our client Elizabeth said:
“When I called Jos we had some major challenges with our communications. The work Jos and his team have done has transformed the way we communicate and they have made a real difference to engagement with our initiatives. They’ve worked seamlessly with us becoming part of our team and they’ve been great to work with.