Interim communications support for Moneysupermarket Group
Moneysupermarket Group exists to help every household make the most of its money. It combines three well known, trusted brands: MoneySuperMarket.com, TravelSupermarket.com and MoneySavingExpert.com.
After completing a review of Moneysupermarket Group communications in 2016 we were asked to provide interim communications support throughout 2017.
Against a background of transition and growth with the arrival of a new CEO, support was needed to keep employees informed and on the journey to reinvent and further strengthen the business. With colleagues working in distinct Brands and Business Functions, the objective was to share information Group-wide, to help colleagues Work, Connect and Grow.
Our core team members, Internal Communications Specialists Sophie Hewitt and Sarah Hilyer, worked alongside their Head of Internal Communications to develop an approach to refresh channels, better use existing channels and plan Group-Wide communication campaigns across the Group.
- Launch of new HR and Finance platform Workday
- Launch of new Benefits programme
- Communications planning for forthcoming office move
- Developing proposals for channels framework so comms from across the Group can be planned
- Communications toolkit: tone of voice guide, style guide, channels guide, reminder of the Group brand guidelines and tips on writing a great communication and comms plan
- Branded html email templates to improve signposting of email communication
- Research into an intranet upgrade with a social element like Facebook Workplace
- Introducing digital screens as a new channel for the three sites; which included posters and videos for Group initiatives, the weather and Twitter feeds
Alongside this we also supported day-to-day communications delivery including an engagement programme for the new CEO, the annual employee event, Board packs and presentations, Group emails and announcements, Intranet content, video blogs and function support.
Moneysupermarket Group is a very busy and dynamic business and as priorities changed, we provided a flexible, expert resource to support with the most pressing priorities.
Our client said
Suzannah Jones, Head of internal Communications, said: “Sophie and Sarah provided great comms delivery support as we worked to establish the foundations for the Group’s communications function. The Internal Comms Team were flexible to stay with us as long as we needed them alongside an evolving brief.”