Nationwide World Café
Talking Your Language completed a major event for Nationwide Building Society, engaging their people in shaping their brand and refreshing their PRIDE values.
We worked with them to develop a two-day event for a cross-section of 100 employees from across the business, using an active ‘World Café’ format which encourages people to share their experiences, ideas and views in an informal setting.
The delegates completed a number of different exercises designed to deliver a representative view of Nationwide employees on what the brand should stand for, and how the PRIDE values could support the brand.
Key elements TYL delivered to ensure the event’s success were:
- Creating specific branding for the event to make it stand out which was used across all the event materials including e-invites.
- Development and facilitation of the exercises including the World Café format sessions.
- Use of a graphic illustrator to create a visual record of the event that can be used in follow-up publicity.
- Filming the event to create a highlights video for use in follow-up communication activity.
- Our usual efficient logistics and venue management to ensure a great experience for delegates.
The event was a major success and the outputs are going on display in main offices to engage the wider employee population.
In a post-event survey, 98% of respondents agreed or strongly agreed that the event was a good way of involving them in shaping the brand.
Head of Employee Engagement Andrea Cartwright told us:
“Thank you to the team at TYL for all your help in bringing this event to life, just 5 weeks after we decided to do it! Your understanding of our needs, expertise and creativity were just what we needed. The event achieved all our objectives and more. This has really started the ball rolling on developing our brand and PRIDE values to drive the continuing success of our business.”
“Thank you for inviting me to what I can only describe as the most engaging experience that I have ever had at Nationwide.”
“I can honestly say that this was one of the best run and most satisfying events that I’ve attended in a very long time.”
Watch a video of this case study, showing how we helped Nationwide engage a cross-section of their people in developing the Nationwide brand, and refreshing their PRIDE values: